|Chest Tombs in Church Graveyard
This is a group of 18 chest tombs dated from 1740-1783 made from Red Bunter sandstone.
The tombs mainly have centre and end fluted muntins framing raised and fielded panels, 2 to
each side. End panels are carved with skull and cross bones, hour glass of angel motifs.
Inscribed top slabs with moulded overhanging edges have largely indecipherable dates and
The tombs form a significant group within the churchyard.