This house was built in 1682 with the initials J.L and S.L indicating its owners John Leather
and Sarah Leather. The building is constructed from whitened red sandstone and brick; slate
roof with red ridge tiles, stone copings and brick gable-end stacks.
EXTERIOR: Single storey, 3-bay front with 1-bay lean-to extension to left. Boarded front
door at centre left approached by 5 steps. Windows are 2-light flush casements with central
horizontal glazing bar, the added bay having a larger 2-light casement divided into twelve
panes. Tablet on right gable wall inscribed with initials 'J.L., S.1., T' and the date 1682. Brick
dentil eaves course.
INTERIOR: Exposed ceiling beams and joists
|Pear Tree Cottage Date Stone