This old house predate the birth of Bishop Wilson in 1663 and has been used as a Cottage, dairy and cheese room; although now it is used as a house and attached outbuilding. The house is built from red rubble sandstone with thatched roof and brick stack; the outbuilding house is built from red rubble sandstone with thatched roof and brick stack; the outbuilding has slate roof. The House was the birthplace and residence of Robert Wilson, Lord Bishop of Sodor and Man (consecrated 1697), founder of the village school, now known as The Old School. Remarkably within the house the main ceiling beam within the living room has been have come from a 17th century fighting ship.
EXTERIOR: Single storey and attic; 4-bay front; to left, single-storey 4-window outbuilding at right angles attached to cottage by means of single-storey open-sided link bay. House has wide boarded door incorporating glazed light to centre, beneath gabled half dormer with 2-light window. Other ground floor windows are 2-light, leaded, horizontal sliding sashes. To left of centre is gabled dormers with similar window.
INTERIOR: Remains of three cruck trusses. Ceiling beam with large girth ovolo moulds and one end bearing which has been taken from an old shipwreck. Also exposed ceiling joists and an old boarded door.