|down many years ago. Previous to that it was known as Back Lane, with it being the at the rear of Moreton cross
roads. The building on the right of the old photograph is 'Yew tree farm' which was demolished in the 1950s. It was
owned by "Bunker Parkinson".
He was given this name as he collected waste from the caravans around Moreton. He was one of three brothers who
all owned farms. The building on the left is Old Hall Farm, the oldest farm building in Wirral; built in 1719 for Mary and
Daniel Wilson of Bidston Hall. More recently it was known as Puvells Pig farm but today is used for commercial