In 1870 a church, vicarage and school were erected by Joseph Hegan Esq formerly of Dawpool. The
church was consecrated as "Christchurch" on the 30th June 1871. It was built from fine white stone and
consists of a narrow nave and chancel of extreme plainness and lack of ornament; save for an elegant
open work wooden screen; which separates the chancel from the body of the church.
Over the chance is an oil painting of the Last supper inscribed:
'To the glory of God, a Thank offering from T.B Forwood'
There is a small organ and a marble tablet inscribed:
"To the memory of Joseph Hegan of Dawpool. Who died at Pau, in the South of France on the 5th day of April
in 1865 in the 70th year of his age".