The old hall at Poulton dates back to the early 1600's and is first recorded on the area map in 1665. It appears to have been a large building of significant value with farm buildings and gardens attached. The hall was demolished in the early 1800s and a new building built from reclaimed stone was built in its place. The new Poulton Hall was also a significant sized building and the photograph above shows some of its farm building in disrepair shortly before being demolished prior to the 20th century.
The Hall was also the last stop of the rogation precession which came down from St Hillary's Church and would stop for refreshments at the Hall. The word "Rogation" comes from the Latin verb rogare, meaning "to ask," and the process meant that the faithful Christian typically observed the Rogation days by fasting in preparation to celebrate the Ascension, and farmers have their crops blessed by the priest from St Hillary's at this time. The Priest would lead the parishioners, churchwarden, and choirboys and would proceed around the boundary of their parish and pray for its protection in the forthcoming year ending up at Poulton Hall at the end of the Process.
Despite the best efforts of the local populace the second hall eventually succumb to age and disrepair just as the first and was eventually demolished in 1933. The only reminder of these once great historical houses is the name of Poulton Hall Road; where they once stood.