MENU
The colliery quay was built in the 1760's and was last used for coal in the 1850's.  William Lawton, seen here in this
picture; lived in a cottage built on it.  The cottage later became the home of Fred Jones, a wildfowler and maker of
punt guns.  The cottage was subsequently destroyed in the early 20th century.  
The colliery in 1880