MENU
School Farm 2007
School Farm 2007
The name plate on School Farm
School Farm stands in Mill Lane just off Greasby Road.  The name derives from the fact that it was part
of the estate owned by William Glegg who was the founder of Caldy Grange Grammar School. Richard
Jebb was appointed by his patron, the Bishop of Chester as curate of Bidston.  He then lived
permanently at School farm, having obtained from Thomas Harrison, the tenant, the house and lands in
1688.  This would appear to relate to the deed dated 2nd February 1688 whereby Richard Harrison
yeoman, was granted a lease on the property, which came to be known as school farm for a period of
99 years on the condition that he paid a yearly sum of
12. 6d to the Dean and Chapter of Chester, as laid down in Gleggs will:
"At the west porch of St Werburghs at Michaelmas and lady day in equal portions".  He had to pay all
other rates and taxes and build at his own cost:
"4 bays of buildings, 2 for dwelling house and 2 for cowsheds".

Some of the above information was taken from " The Story of Greasby" by John Williams.